- All NATURAL WHITENING: Activated charcoal is one of the most absorbent materials on earth, and brushing with activated charcoal powder for teeth whitening is an excellent, chemical free way to whiten teeth stained by food, drink and day to day discoloration.
- SAFE FOR SENSITIVE TEETH: Many people want to whiten their teeth, but suffer from sensitive teeth or gums. Essential Living’s activated charcoal is made in the USA, from coconut shells, with no additives or chemicals and will naturally whiten teeth without whitening strips, whitening gels or harsh chemicals.
- DETOXING FACE MASK: Coconut based Activated Charcoal Powder can be mixed with water to make an excellent face and skin mask. Apply to your face. Let it dry, then wash off your skin. An excellent treatment for dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, hives, and any kind of rash or itch or mud mask.
- DIY CHARCOAL SCRUBS: Follow our recipe below to mix your activated charcoal with sugar and essential oils to create a cleansing charcoal scrub for your face and skin
- A DIY ESSENTIAL: Activated charcoal is a key ingredient in hundreds of DIY recipes such as natural homemade deodorant, soap, lotion, eye liner, air freshener, peel off facial masks, and more
Activated Charcoal is taking the health and beauty scene by storm with promises of delivering softer skin and naturally whiter teeth. Harvested from sustainably grown coconuts, and roasted carefully in Billings, Montana, our activated charcoal is made from slowly burned, carefully watched coconut shells. It’s incredibly fine, porous texture is proof of the quality ingredient we’ve produced.
Because activated charcoal is so porous, it has the power to carry toxins away from your skin or teeth. When made from coconut shells, activated charcoal can carry up to 1000 times its own weight, making it a perfect choice not only for natural teeth whitening, for DIY charcoal mud masks, natural deodorant and more. When applied to your skin it removes toxins including make up, environmental pollutants, oil and dirt. On your teeth it removes surface stains such as coffee, tea, nicotine and red wine. It’s a natural anti-fungal, antibacterial treatment.
Most famously known for producing whiter teeth in a matter of days, we at Essential Living were immediately sold when we saw our results. The days of fighting chemical-laden whitening treatments that only caused gum and tooth sensitivity were over!
Natural Teeth Whitening:
The 3 Most Popular Methods
Option 1 – Using a Toothbrush:
Option 2: Paste Method:
Option 3: Swishable Method:
DIY Activated Charcoal Face Wash / Mud Mask:
This face wash is made using ingredients you already have in your home. It’s a quick mix and done. It effectively removes environmental pollutants, dirt, oil and make up from your skin. It helps to clear acne and blackheads thanks it to antibacterial properties.
The coconut oil will naturally moisturize the skin making it soft to the touch, while the baking soda acts as a gentle exfoliator. This recipe can be used daily for 3-4 days, then take a break for about a month to prevent over drying.
DIY Activated Charcoal Body Scrub
Similar to the face wash, this charcoal body scrub is made using products you most likely already have in your home. We like to blend it in a mason jar for easy bathroom storage.
Blend ingredients in your mason jar. Similar to the face wash, you may not want to use it continuously as it can dry out skin. This depends on your skin. With both the face wash and body scrub, the coconut oil will harden when stored. As soon as you begin to rub it together with your hands, the oil will warm and soften and spread easily on your skin.